Tuesday, November 18, 2014

The Job (Fox and O'Hare, #3)The Job by Janet Evanovich
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Dear readers, I said I would give the series another chance, and by golly, they've fixed things!  Tighter editing wins the day, and all that's left on the pages is fluff and fun. Nick Fox, international master thief, and Kate O'Hare, the FBI agent who caught him, now secretly work together with government sanction, using elaborate cons to catch really evil bad guys. Though there's a shipwreck in the plot, The Job stays on course and afloat. An even closer combo of White Collar and Red--I can't help picturing Kate's father as Bruce Willis, no matter what he's supposed to look like! This is action comedy with the necessary tinge of romance. The dialogue is usually great. And an international thief goes international! Exotic locales, humor, quirkiness, suspense. This entry in the series hits all the right notes. Are the authors trolling for another movie deal? Miss Em says, "Brava!" (But books are better.)

(I received an EARC for review from the publisher and netgalley.)


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment