Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Top Brit Chick Lit-- 6 authors I'm so hooked on I pay extra to order new from the UK (blush)

Not only that, they are part of what fills up my house, because I re-read them! Generational sagas akin to Rosamund Pilcher and Maeve Binchy: Marcia Willett, Erica James. Romantic comedies: Katie Fforde, Christina Jones, Jill Mansell, Milly Johnson. I am an unabashed Anglophile, and these authors satisfy like no others. Also, you may have noticed this pet peeve of mine: I have a perfectly good imagination, ta very much, so why should I waste time and money on pages of sex scenes while I could be reading story? These authors all have the right touch of romance and reality, fantasy and frivolity. No thanks, Sophie Kinsella and Cecelia Ahern, you are ok, but these ladies are the best. Joanna Trollope is reliably published in the US, so I wait for hers, but she would be another drama writer on the list. Robin Pilcher was carrying on for his mom, but there hasn't been anything new for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment