Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Donna Leon's new novel About Face

About Face: A Commissario Guido Brunetti Mystery About Face: A Commissario Guido Brunetti Mystery by Donna Leon


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
I like spending time with the Brunetti family and I always want more of Signorina Elettra, too. The "mysteries" are always background in these novels to me. I've enjoyed every single novel in the series. Reading about Brunetti's work life, kids, Paolina's academic life, the Conte e Contessa, corrupt business & government... is it all so different? I disagree with Tolstoy, I think we are all alike in our pain, sin, and desperation. Perhaps we are all alike in wanting to be happy. Anyway, I enjoy peeking at the happy Brunetti family-this and the character of Venice and the great writing is what keeps me reading.


View all my reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment